Saturday 21 September 2024

Portfolio Update August 2024: Sale and Purchases, Increasing my Dividend Inflow

After some deliberation, I have sold off Li Auto because its share prices went up a bit and I do think there is cut throat pricing going on in the industry. So it is not worth being a participant in the EV market when these companies are suffering eroding margin. Partial divestment in Nanofilm was done with its run up in share price.

Purchases wise, I decided to buy back Yangzijiang Financial because there is nothing much left to buy in the market with spare cash. Going forth, I will be taking on a more active role in trying to persuade the company to utilise its few hundred millions in cash for better investments instead of keeping in short term deposits with Singapore banks. 

I purchased a few shares in Petrochina because I believe the Chinese consumers strength is still strong and Petrochina is now a 8% dividend yield, that is too good for a dividend stock to pass. Petrochina is sold at such a low P/E of 6 and Dividends of 8%, that it has become a better value proposition than LINK REIT (7%) and Unitedhampshire US REIT (8%). So it was my second largest addition.

Asian Pay TV saw a few purchases because at 13% dividend and a 30% payout ratio, the trust is worth an investment. Alibaba HK was bought as well.

Dividend is now expected to hit $35,000 for next year (on a full year basis). Because this portfolio underwent additions throughout this year, I definitely will not be able to clock $35,000 dividend this year; but next year that could happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment