Thursday 8 August 2024

Portfolio Purchase: More Dividend Companies!

Utilising the market sell down, I did a purchase of a few China Stocks- Li Auto and Petrochina. Secondly bought more Utdhampshire US REIT. There was a partial sell in Alibaba.

My expected annual dividend is now $25,200 or $2,100 per month.

Dividends

I have been saying time and time- overseas companies are giving outsized high returns. As compared to Singapore stocks and even properties, the risk/reward ratio is too skewed in favour of overseas company. I would buy overseas companies anytime.

As Singaporeans, we too have the advantage of a strong Singapore Dollar currency to buy these overseas assets at a cheaper price relatively. 

I will continue to buy stakes in overseas company. Utdhampshire, Link REIT and china SOE are my targets.

What I Bought

Petrochina- the largest upstream oil producer in China. It gives a 7.2% dividend yield after  accounting for China's dividend tax.

United Hampshire US REIT- I expect the REIT to report a decent result next week and be a 9% dividend yielder. From next year, dividend will start to increase because of its built in annual rental escalation contracts, coupled with the fall in expectations of SOFR rates arising from the Fed decision.

Li Auto- Speculative play on China's EV market.

No comments:

Post a Comment